E-Mini Swing Trading
Discretionary Trading
System Trading
Market Politics
Most Recent
 
Read More
August 9, 2017

Kim Jong Boom

I have always discouraged political discussions on Evil Speculator for many reasons. One, the news are 80% composed of lies and subjective opinions. Two, the remaining 20% are mainly composed of ideologically driven misinformation, which leaves us with an extremely low signal to noise ratio. Three, the human mind can only process and absorb a finite amount of daily information, and excess of input can result into mental overload. Four, all information will to some extent affect you subconsciously, even the one you have consciously dismissed as worthless.  Chew on that for a moment.

5448
 
Read More
July 17, 2017

Draghi On The Tightrope

The ECB is scheduled to meet on Thursday, however it’s only an internal meeting and no new economic staff projections (ESPs) are expected. Bond investors in particular are looking for Draghi’s press conference for clues as to what interest rate policy to expect for the third and fourth quarters of this year. But given that the EUR/USD is now heading toward 1.15 I have an inkling that Mr. Draghi will choose his words very cautiously as he is now walking a precarious economic tightrope.

3225
 
Read More
July 12, 2017

Smelled A Rat

Quite often the difference between a profitable month and a losing one lies in not being drawn into low probability campaigns and obvious retail traps. I’m pretty sure most of you would agree that I don’t pad my own shoulder often here. But when I actually do it’s not for a campaign that turned into a big winner but one that looked good on the surface and I cautioned you against taking. 

4130
 
Read More
February 2, 2017

Political Amateur Hour

The governor of the Central Bank of Iran apparently announced that his country will stop using the US dollar in its financial and foreign exchange reports for the new fiscal year beginning in March. He also hinted strongly that he may opt for the Euro when releasing its key economic reports in the future. Excellent choice sir! Detach yourself from the world’s firmly established reserve currency and instead shift to the one which has been causing nothing but economic turmoil across the region since its very inception. Would you like a side order with economic sanctions with that?

1678
Latest Posts
 
Read More
210good_shape_crossfit
 
Read More
6765sachertorte
 
Read More
2440yellen-federal-reserve

 
Read More
3568skeptical_fox
 
Read More
3233shopping_frenzy
Cognitive Bias Carousel
  • Sunk Cost EffectSunk Cost Effect
    The tendency to treat money that has already been committed or spent as more valuable than money that may be spent or acquired. Also known … more
Popular
 
Scientific-randomness
Fooled By Randomness
 
dinos
Ten Protocols For Surviving Extreme Volatility
 
the-usual-suspects-lead
Quantutorial – Standard Deviation
 
landfill
Quantutorial – Garbage In Garbage Out
 
brewing_storm
How To Trade Realized Volatility
 
curly_stooges
Curly’s Massive Momo Update
Compare
Go