Last week’s decision to hold through a trading bot driven low participation reversal higher appears to have been a good one as of right now. At least the campaign managed to survive the weekend and that’s no small feat in this volatile market environment, which incidentally is why I am choosing my words very carefully. The ides of October often bring us stormy weather as well as volatile markets. Given ongoing fears of a large scale sell-off another momo update seemed appropriate.
Winter is on the horizon and I’m not talking about the annual season. In my mind there is only one way to describe the price action as of late and that would be ‘highly unsettling’. Very little out there makes sense anymore and it ‘feels like’ as if the entire contraption is being held together by duct tape. As it’s the last trading day of this month and confusion is on the rise a momo update seemed most appropriate.
We’ve got a lot to cover today, so I will spare you the pleasantries and dive right in. Yesterday’s session once again must have been frustrating for many participants due to a continued lack of direction. But I expect resolution to be delivered swiftly and brutally as the equities are now coiled up like the proverbial snake.
We seem to be reverting toward Friday levels across the board with equities still holding most bullish. Instead of trying to guess which next turn this hare from hell may run I thought it to be more productive to put together another momo update. What I finding is rather surprising as it’s either very bullish or very bearish, all depending on how this week resolves. No worries – I’ll walk you through it step by step: