Instead of the video you wanted, you ended up here! Sorry about that – it seems you haven’t yet bought Tony’s amazing Options 101 Class.
But really – why should you?
Well, I tell you why you should! Tony and I have been working on a clandestine project together for over 2 years now that is finally kicking off. Part of that project is a training on the basics of options and why everyone outside of professional firms should be trading them: the deck is stacked in your favor.
In this training, Tony covers some of the core fundamentals that once you understand the basics of options from a probability perspective, if you can get your head trash out of the way, will change the game for you. Successful trading comes down to this:
- Knowing the probability of success on a trade
- Knowing the risk to reward ratio
- Maximizing #1 and #2 through the correct trade type
Options have this baked right into them by default. Especially if you’re using Think Or Swim or Tasty Trade, which are professional grade platforms available for free to the at home player.
In this options foundations class, Tony covers some key things in depth:
- Why just about everyone, who isn’t a professional (and still most of them too), should be trading options. Not stocks, futures or currencies.
- The basics of the 1R concept, risk. And a refresher of the Golden Rule of Trading.
- How the expected move works. If you do decide to trade stocks (which I don’t recommend for you), the expected move is your guide post. If you have no idea what that is, I break it down in paint-by-numbers simplicity. The expected move is the tell tale that gives an indication of how much something might move. For beginning and new traders, this will change the game for you.
- How to put options volatility at your back. Volatility is mean reverting. If it’s high, it’s going to crash back down to earth. And if it’s low, it’s likely to rise. This needs to be considered on all options trades. To make this more difficult to understand, Think Or Swim and Tasty Trade use different methods of measuring volatility: IV percentile. They mean something different on each platform. To resolve this, you get access to the custom IV Z-Score indicator I coded up in Think Or Swim. It makes it super simple.
- The simple way to look at time decay. Part of the three step formula of trading, knowing which time frame to use for a trade is critical. I cover the basics of time decay in paint-by-numbers simplicity without lots of geek speak.
- Options jargon. Ever felt like a dumb dumb because you read something on the internet with some options jargon you didn’t understand? I break it down in the options jargon for dummies section of the course.
- The IVTS tutorial. I go into detail on how it works, why it’s magical and why it’s the guide post to all of my trading. Most of my trading in the modern day revolves around volatility, it’s my core area of expertise. The IVTS is the Rosetta Stone and understanding how it effects futures contracts is not optional.
- Access to the custom IVTS filter Tony and I developed. The problem with the IVTS is that it whips around a lot. This means getting whipped in-and-out of trades a lot. Unless there is an effective way that keeps the essence of the IVTS alive with neutering it’s effectiveness. I coded it up here and made it available as part of this course.
The free version of the IVTS is available here:
For the long time readers of Evil Speculator, you get lifetime access to the course along with lifetime access to the subscriber only version of the IVTS tool for only $97. Yes, that’s right – for less than the price of one losing trade, you can level up your trading game forever. Once you have knowledge, nobody can never take it away from you. It’s yours to keep, forever.
Here’s episode 1 to whet your appetite:
You know what to do:
Months of hard work culminated in the most thorough introduction to trading options you are going to find.
So get off the damn fence and buy it now!